SpeleoBase is more than a database!
It is a ready-to-use Windows-program; easy and intuitive. It offers
you a central management of all your caves. It is freeware,
using it does not cost you anything (but a "thank you" is always appreciated)
What can you do with it?
- A record of a cave contains more than 50 different fields, ranging
from the classic "name and place" fields to entire bibliography
or rigging information.
- Cave table that can be arranged and sorted in different ways.
- Filter the cave table on different (combinable) criteria.
- For every cave, you can keep links to your images,
which you can open or edit from within SpeleoBase.
- For every cave, you can keep links to your surveyfiles,
which you can open or edit.
- For every cave, you can keep links to all kinds
of documents (Word, PDF, MPEG etc) and even to Internet
- A powerful search-engine is built-in and will allow you to search
on any keyword.
- You can print-out detailed records of a cave, or listings of
a series of caves, in the same order and according the filter criteria
of the overview on screen.
- You can email the record of a cave, with or without all related
images and documents attached.
- You can create export files that are compatible with GPS-navigation
software or even Google Earth
- You can import or export caves from other SpeleoBase users or
from delimited text files
SpeleoBase runs only on Windows-platforms. You can download, install it and try it.
If you don't like it, just use the "uninstall" icon and your PC
will be as clean as it was before the installation.
Click here to see some screenprints!
Click here for the infamous SpeleoBase
DOWNLOAD SPELEOBASE HERE:
Attention: if you already have an existing
version of SpeleoBase, then you MUST install in the same folder as before.
No panic: your caves will not be touched. So take good care not to install
in a new folder!
Also, I recommend that you make a backup
copy of the entire existing SpeleoBase folder (e.g. on a
CD-rom or in a temporary folder) before installing the new version.
If things go wrong, contact me please before experimenting too much
with the risk of messing things up and loosing your caves
SpeleoBase is free, but to encourage me to continue developing
this program, and to cover my expenses, a small donation of 25 Euro
would be much appreciated. You can transfer this money by using
Paypal, to my email address paul.de.bie AT skynet.be
If you are a SpeleoBase user and you want to be informed by email
about future versions, then drop me a mail please.