YEAR BY YEAR
- 17 of the 23 members of the club join the Flemish Caving
Federation. The "oldies", including chairman
Jacques G., refuse to follow and stay with the ATB. The
members demand democracy: everything is now in the hands of
one person: finances, gear, library, and decision-making.
We want official club-rules, and a board of directors. All
this results in a lot of frustration and 1985 is not a very happy
- Some members become very obsessed with cave-photography.
Paul is one of them.
- We try to maintain a high level of caving: unforgettable
memories of the first Chawresse-Veronika through-trip, the
"Number Two" in Trou Bernard, nightly visits to the
Grotte Lucienne (which is situated in the roof of a - forbidden -
- And even in those early years of caving, we already care about
our caves and organize cleaning actions, e.g. in Trou Maulin.
- And yes: now and them we even dig in caves, looking for THE biggest
discovery of all times.
- In France, we go caving in the Meuse (Rupt du Puits, Beva
caves). And hardly 1,5 year after the foundation of the club and
the beginning of our caving careers, we already feel capable to
go on a 3 week stay in the French Doubs where we bottom 18
vertical caves (such as Bief-Boussets, Baume des Crêtes,
Legarde) and break our "depth record" (+/- 230m).