YEAR BY YEAR
- For the second time, we organize a slide-show, attracting over
- 46 activities in Belgium, and 22 different foreign caves.
- The number of members still goes down: 15 left...
- An historical find: we discover a small resurgence in the
Bretaye massif. Besides the spring is a small and
ventilated hole, where we dig 10 weekends in a row. It only
yields 17 m. of cave, but who could know that in the coming years
this would become one of the biggest Belgian discoveries ever?
- We start an impossible dig in the Chawresse, which will take
another 6 years before it reveals its secrets!
- Despite all those dozens of days of intense digging, the
results are practically zero and we are really discouraged.
Finding caves doesn't seem to be Avalon's strongest point.
- The familiar french caving regions are again visited. We
go to the Meuse, and return to the Causses as well, where we make
a memorable 16 hour trip in the 360m deep Combe Albert.
- In one week of time, we do two through-trips in the
Systema Badalona (B1-B15) in the National Park of Ordesa
(Spain). At that time, it was the deepest through-trip in
the world; -1150 m deep! The cave is a revelation, one of
the most beautiful river caves ever visited.
- We also bottom the Couey Lotge (-625m), in the French Pyrenees
(Massif of Pierre-St.Martin); and visit the famous ice-cave
"Grotte Casteret" in the Cirque de Gavarnie.
In short: we are in the shapes of our lives!