YEAR BY YEAR
- We are pretty fed up with the confusion between S.C.
Avernus ("us") and Avernus VZW ("them"), and
decide to change the name of the club in S.C. AVALON. Our
reputation is growing fast and we don't like the way the others
profit of it.
- We count 67 activities in Belgium and visit 20 different
- We continue digging everywhere, but still without any
- When not digging, we cave as hell.
- For the first time we go the French "Causses"; a
beautiful region in the South. In fact it stole away our
hearts and in the coming years, we would come back
often. We did some magnificent caves, such as Aven
des Hures & Puech Nègre.
- First visit to England, where we go caving in Yorkshire.
- And again we try to bottom the Gouffre Berger, this time we
have joined a British team. Despite lots of preparation, both
physically and logistically, the weather Gods decide it
differently. A flash flood nearly kills one of us in the
pitches, 4 others have to sit it out for an entire day in the
cave, and waterlevels remain dangerously high for several
days. Nevertheless we do reach -903m, but we
all feel very disappointed.
- We go climbing for a week in the French Alps (Parc des