YEAR BY YEAR
- Avalon finally has its own clubhouse in Deurne.
- Avalon's first slide-and movie show attracts 300 visitors!
- We count 48 Belgian activities and visit 16 different foreign
- YES: our very first discovery (at last): 100 m of virgin
passage in de Caves of Neptunus (showcave) that we baptize
"Réseau du Tire-Bouchon"!
- We continue digging as hell, but still without a lot of
luck. We discover a small cave, the 50 m "Trou du
Blaireau Mort", and we dig for many a weekend in a sinkhole
in the Ry de Vesce, but without results.
- We go caving in the French Côte d'Or, and again in the Causses
(the unforgettable through-trip in Pas Destrech), and in the
Doubs (Chauveroche, Pourpevelle, Sarrazine).
- Three weeks in de Pyrenees (Pierre-St. Martin), worth
remembering as well.. Avalon cracks some very hard nuts there:
Lonné Peyret (-707 m, a 26 hour trip), Aphanicé (-500 m with a
328m free drop!) but especially the 1000m deep through-trip of
the famous Pierre-St-Martin cave. We also go down some canyons as